A Border Collie's Mistress' Place for News and Musings

Travels, Trials and Tribulations

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tell Me Thursday #12- a few days late

1. If you won the lottery (a big one... I'm talking stupid muchos cash) what would you do with the money?


I would give my folks a wad of cash so they could be more comfortable and my Mom could just quit her job. I would give a bunch of money to my friends so they could sheep dog trial with me more.  I would pay off the house and then buy a new spread in MT or the State of Jefferson.  I'm talking silly huge like 3000 acres and raise sheep .  I would spend at least two years on the road going to a lot of dog trials in the US and Canada.  I would like to take the dogs and some friends to Europe for a season.  I would set up a foundation to teach inner city kids about agriculture through hands on experiences.   I would also set up scholarships for disadvantaged/at risk young girls and women. I might also consider setting up an alternative/charter school that shies away from traditional teach methods for more advanced methods.
I would also consider buying the small business I work for already.  It serves a pretty important function in the local exotic parrot community.


2. After winning the lottery would you work a day job? If so, what would you do? 


I would become a sheep rancher, eventually.  But um no, seriously I would spend time training my dogs and birds. If  I  bought the store I'd probably go in, but I wouldn't be a total slave to it.


3. Do you have any auxiliary dogs? Auxiliary dogs are dogs that are not essential to your main purpose (usually tiny, but not always). If you don't have an auxiliary dog what might you choose?


Nope, not really.  I have parrots, they are the "pets".  I have dogs that are retired or semi retired from sheep herding.  One will be 14 she feels very auxiliary some days. I might pick a French Bulldog, they are really cute.  Really, I think if  I could choose I would just get another parrot instead of an auxiliary dog.


4. Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe (or other recipe) you can share?


Winter Squash Soup


2 good sized Butternut squashes
Olive oil
Sprinkle of brown sugar
1 qrt veggie stock
1.5-2 Tlbsp of coconut butter
Red Thai curry paste to tase
Lemon grass and Thai basil as garnish


Hack up squashes, leave peal on, remove seeds
Place in roasting pan 
Lightly grizzle in oil, sprinkle gently with brown sugar
Place in oven on 350 roast until fork tender
Once done remove flesh from peel and place in blender
Add enough veggie broth to achieve the desired consistency
While all of this is whirring around in the blend add curry past and coconut butter
Should still be hot enough to serve right from the blender







No comments:

Post a Comment